STEM Scholarship Application
2023 Scholarship Program Overview
The NDIA Michigan Chapter wants to encourage young people to become excited about Math and Science in order to make better informed career choices involving Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), for the betterment of our country. The Michigan Chapter is committed to support formal education in the sciences and policies to ensure a viable workforce in Michigan. The Chapter desires to award scholarships of up to $1,500 per recipient for competitive students currently planning to pursue STEM related disciplines for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Complete and submit the scholarship application
- Provide a copy of most recent high school GPA transcripts
- Submit three required short essays related to your interest in STEM
- Select a Personal Reference and submit a recommendation letter
- Submission deadline is March 29, 2023 at 11:59pm
- Competitive students will be contacted in April 2023 to arrange a personal interview with panel members of the NDIA Michigan STEM Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarship winners will be notified and asked to attend an award presentation event with NDIA Michigan Chapter members.
- Scholarships will be provided to the student’s learning institution prior to the start of the Fall Semester 2023.
Please submit any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be a Michigan resident or Active Duty Military/ dependent stationed in Michigan.
- Current or planned enrollment in pursuit of a BS degree program.
- Pursue a degree related to Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
- Attend or have been accepted to attend a Michigan college or university prior to the start of the Fall Semester 2023.
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (basis 4.0 scale).
- Demonstrate a growing interest in college preparatory studies and active within the school and /or local community.
- Must not have previously been awarded an NDIA Michigan STEM scholarship.