U.S. Army Ground Vehicle Systems Center (GVSC) Summer Hire Program
The U.S. Army Ground Vehicle Systems Center GVSC, (www.army.mil/gvsc) the Nation’s laboratory for advanced military technology will infuse its ranks with new talent this May through the Summer Hire Program. GVSC is seeking undergraduate and graduate-level college students interested in working on science and engineering programs like the development of hybrid-electric vehicles, fuel-efficient energy modules and advanced robotics. GVSC’s summer hires work closely alongside associates on cutting-edge research and development projects. GVSC Summer Hire Program mission is to expose students to the multiple engineering and technological possibilities that are critical to improve the effectiveness of our soldiers.
How to Apply:
The announcement will be posted on the following site 11-13 January 2023:
- Search for position titled Student Trainee (Engineering Technician), Series 0899,Pay Grade DB/01, location: Warren, MI,
- Job Announcement Number: TBD
- Students will be required to apply on-line and upload their resume and transcriptinto the USA Jobs website application. IMPORTANT NOTE: Do NOT includesocial security number or photographs on any documents
- Instructions in the announcement must be followed
- Failure to apply in accordance with instructions may result in disqualification
- Hard copy resumes will not be accepted
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens
- You must be at least 18 years-old by May 22, 2023 to be eligible
- Students must have demonstrated interest in Engineering & Science (E&S)careers through academic coursework, extracurricular activities, or workexperience
- The following disciplines will be considered: Computer Science, ComputerEngineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Cyber. Other disciplines willbe considered based on organizational Needs
Starting hourly salary will be between $15.00 – $21.56 based on qualifications.
Program Targeted dates:
- Start Date: Monday, May 22, 2023
- End Date: Friday, July 28, 2023
- This position may be extended no later than September 30, 2022 for qualifiedlocal college students within the commuting area.
Tentative college student qualification considerations:
- Minimum GPA is 2.7 for College Students
- Previous engineering related experience
- Amount/level of math and science courses successfully completed
- Career goals and engineering related activities undertaken
Program success is measured by matching the right student, with the right skills, to the right project, to perform the right role, to achieve GVSC's mission.
Point of Contact for Questions:
Submit Resume and unofficial transcript to:
Idaho National Laboratory Internships
As a Department of Energy facility, INL offers a diverse number of paid internship positions to high school, undergraduate and graduate level students.